After bingeing on Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Candy Corn this weekend, two things are certain: the holidays are here, and I am going to have to work extra hard to maintain my health with all the celebrations and goodies to come.
Never fear, tea lovers! Did you see The News International Magazine’s recent article about the amazing health benefits of green tea? The pros broke it down for us with some history of this delicious beverage as well as a rundown of its amazing health benefits including those for weight loss, blood pressure, heart health, and even skincare!
Of course, you’re welcome to drink your green tea straight from the Moka Pot; however, if you’d like to treat yourself, I’d recommend trying our Green Tea Cucumber Lemonade. You probably recognize this delicious drink from our Shark Tank episode when Allison served it to Robert (he loved it, obvi). I chose this iced beverage because the weather is still just a tad too warm, and I can't get enough of the tangy hints of lemonade in the smooth green tea.
Robert Herjavec: Green Tea Cucumber Lemonade
Makes 2 quarts
- Green Gold Teaspressa Tea Blend
- Cucumber slices
- 2-3 lemons (or 1/4 cup of lemon juice)
- 4 Lemon Sugar Cubes (or 1/4 cup of sugar)
- 2 cups water
- Make 2 extra strong Green Gold Teaspressa tea shots with a moka pot NOTE: instead of 1TBS, add 2TBS when brewing each time
- Pour both Green Gold Teaspresso shots into a bowl with the Lemon Sugar Cubes (or plain sugar) and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Prepare a pitcher full of ice.
- Pour the hot Green Gold & sugar mixture into the pitcher full of ice and stir to dissolve ice.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Halve the lemons and squeeze to make lemon juice. Add 1/4 cup of lemon juice to your pitcher along with the cucumber slices and stir.
- Pour over ice & enjoy!
No matter how you enjoy your Green Gold this holiday season, your favorite party dresses and social media posts will thank you for indulging in this drink that makes you feel and look great, too!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy green tea? Comment below with your recipes or recipe requests!