Teaspressa© Store Manager - Ann Arbor
You are the backbone of the store and what brings the Teaspressa vision to life. Here are Teaspressa we appreciate the small things in life and hope to inspire others to take a little bit of time each day for self love and appreciation. We believe that time taken for yourself to slow down and enjoy event the little things is what brings happiness. This is why we find the details of every aspect in our experience important – our mission is to give you the best product and experience possible tin all aspects to bring you happiness. Our working environment and brand may be relaxed and effortless, but it’s our work ethic that takes all the credit to making it all happen. Not only do we have a colossal vision to share our experience with the world, but also we have the drive and are looking for individuals who want to grow with us.
This position is extremely versatile and calls for someone who is driven, not afraid to take action, enjoys human interaction, appreciates detail orientation, enjoys having an organized as well as clearly defined system, and pledges to make decisions that will make a positive difference – we are looking for an extraordinary leader.
We take pride in our work and no matter what lemons life may bring we take our jobs very seriously – this isn’t just another job to any of us, but what fuels a deep sense of purpose to be a part of a big, positive vision where it all comes down to bringing happiness to our community one cup at a time.
We are so excited to meet someone who can:
- Has an interest to continually learn and master the art of specialty coffee and tea
- Be genuinely friendly and helpful to customers, vendors, and co-workers
- Have motivation and problem solving skills to improve store logistics and sales tactics
- Recruit, hire, retain and train positive, enthusiastic employees ensuring excellent customer service
- Develop, manage and assign tasks appropriately to ensure the store is clean, adequately and smartly stocked, organized and well-kept to brand standards
- Establish on-going communication meetings with all store employees regarding brand standards, sales goals, general store updates, safety, employment issues, etc
- Accurately complete daily paperwork and company guidelines
Job Requirements Seeking
- Experience in retail sales preffered
- Experience in food service industry preferred
- Reliable transportation to and from the store
- Ability to be reliable and accountable
- Previous barista experience is NOT required, just looking for someone who is eager to learn!
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food/beverage.
- Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
- Perform various financial activities, such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll.
- Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.
- Estimate supplies required to prepare menu items.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food service.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Purchase or requisition supplies needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
- Specify food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements.
- Forecast staff, equipment, and supply requirements, based on a master menu.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to brand standards.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Analyze operational problems, such as theft and wastage, and establish procedures to alleviate these problems.
- Perform personnel actions, such as hiring and firing staff, providing employee orientation and training, and conducting supervisory activities, such as creating work schedules or organizing employee time sheets.
- Recommend measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and enhance job safety.
- Perform food preparation and serving duties
- Record production, operational, and personnel data on specified forms.
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and arrange for repairs.
- Evaluate new products for usefulness and suitability.
- Greet guests.
- Schedule parties and take reservations.
- Present bills and accept payments.
- Conduct meetings and collaborate with other personnel for menu planning, serving arrangements, and related details.
- Assess nutritional needs of guests, plan special menus/orders.
- Develop departmental objectives, budgets, policies, procedures, and strategies.
- Active Listening
- Service Orientation
- Management of Personnel Resources
- Social Perceptiveness
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Administration and Management
- Customer and Personal Service
- Food Production
- Education and Training
- Personnel and Human Resources
- English Language
- Production and Processing
- Sales and Marketing
Please copy and paste below, type your answers, and attach your resume to send to email@example.com with "Store Manager - Ann Arbor" as the subject. Thank you for your time, we look forward to meeting you!
2. Why are you interested in working here?
3. What is your availability?
4. Why do you think you would be great at this job here?