Teaspressa© Batch Maker
One of the most important jobs of the TEAm, you can help make the sugar cubes and teas! We are looking for someone who is truly reliable, extremely detail oriented, organized, can multi task, has an eye for preciseness, and can literally and figuratively do some heavy lifting. In this position you will be mainly producing the product, ensuring every sticker is applied perfectly, the tea is properly weighed, and that all products leave the doors looking 110%.
This position will call for someone who can follow each step of the recipe precisely and be able to produce product that surpass our brand standards consistently. When it comes to it, we take quality over quantity and would rather have someone who cares to do it right the first time so there are no errors later down the road. You will be consistently producing sugar cubes and because we part of the experience is presentation, you must be willing to follow our specific guidelines to produce the same look and color variations.
Here at Teaspressa we really do appreciate all the little things so we find it important that you must be extremely detail oriented as well more of the half glass full type. Our working environment and brand may be relaxed and effortless but it's our work ethic that takes the credit. Being a smaller business there may be times where we all wear several hats to get things done meaning you have to be ok with handling several situations at once, helping out another TEAm member in need, having integrity, being accountable for yourself etc.
This job will call for someone who is dependable, find repetitive batch matching interesting, and takes recipes very seriously, if you are not that person, this is not for you. We take pride in our work and no matter what lemons life may bring we take our jobs very seriously - this isn't just another job to us. If you are ok with that, keep reading!
- Consistently available at least 3 days a week
- Willing and able to follow recipes precisely.
- Record production and test data for each food/beverage product batch, such as the ingredients used, temperature, test results, and time cycle.
- Follow recipes very precisely to produce products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends, or processes ingredients in the manufacturing of food/beverage products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Mix or blend ingredients, according to recipes
- Clean and sterilize equipment, utensils, and factory processing areas.
- Select and measure or weigh ingredients, using English or metric measures and balance scales.
- Press switches and turn knobs to start, adjust, and regulate equipment
- Grade food/beverage products according to government regulations or according to type, color, bouquet, and moisture content.
- Test food/beverage product samples for moisture content, acidity level, specific gravity, or butter-fat content, and continue processing until desired levels are reached.
- Modify cooking and forming operations based on the results of sampling processes, adjusting time cycles and ingredients to achieve desired qualities, such as firmness or texture.
- Examine, feel, and taste product samples during production to evaluate quality, color, texture, flavor, and bouquet, and document the results.
- Determine mixing sequences, based on knowledge of temperature effects and of the solubility of specific ingredients.
- Inspect and pack the final product.
- Use hands or machines, to separate, spread, knead, spin, cast, cut, pull, or roll products.
- Communicate and/or give directions to other workers who are assisting in the batch-making process.
- Operation and Control
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Operation Monitoring
- Active Listening
- Social Perceptiveness
- Production and Processing
- Food Production
- Public Safety and Security
- English Language
- Administration and Management
- Education and Training
- Customer and Personal Service
Please copy and paste below, type your answers, and attach your resume to send to email@example.com with "Batch Maker" as the subject. Thank you for your time, we look forward to meeting you!
2. Why are you interested in working here?
3. What is your availability?
4. Why do you think you would be great at this job here?