Looking for someone who loves tea and coffee as well as being a part of a big idea we hope to put in fruition around the world - TEASPRESSA! Must be excellent with customer service, detail oriented, very comfortable with sales, able to multi-task, is a team player, dependable, very open and on top of communication, and be ok with a very fast pace, hectic environment. The primary job will include making coffee, tea, impeccable milk steaming, regular cleaning, and in-store sales.
We have a very small, diverse team and work very diligently as we all have big aspirations to make this dream come true! Our company culture is relatively laid back compared to most, open, creative, but although we like to have fun, we take our jobs VERY seriously. When it comes to a pinch, our mission here above all is quality over quantity from the very beginning to the very end of the process. With that said, we are very attentive to all set steps and find it unacceptable for example to place a sticker slightly crooked or just not right. In relations to the barista position for example, all steps in the recipes as well as presentation guidelines must be followed exactly. We take drink preparation and presentation very seriously. The way we see it is that our attention to detail and our mission to serve the absolute best to our customers consistently is what sets us apart and makes us well, Teaspressa!
We are looking for someone who wants to be here for the long-term be a part of the growth and long story short, just can see themselves coming to work and LOVING it! If you are someone who doesn’t find being precise as described above critical or have no interest in the concept itself, this is not the job for you. For all of us currently working here, this isn't just another job or a merely an avenue of income, but it is a passionate career path. We all rely on each other to independently do our tasks but have clear, open communication if any of us are in need and at times we all can wear multiple hats. We value self, well-being, each other and try to take time to celebrate the small things in life through simple things like a cup of goooood tea :)
Job Requirements Seeking
- Passion for coffee or tea
- Consistent availability for at least 3 days a week preferred
- Previous barista experience NOT required, just looking for someone who is eager to learn!
- Must be comfortable with multi-tasking and working alone
- Must be comfortable with nature
Serve food and/or beverages to patrons at counter, kiosk or service tables.
- Serve food, beverages, or desserts to customers.
- Prepare bills for orders using cash registers, and accept payment or make change.
- Prepare food and/or beverage items, such as tea/coffee lattes, tea Americanos, and light snacks, using standard formulas or following directions.
- Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and washing dishes, to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.
- Balance receipts and payments in cash registers.
- Wrap menu items such as tea orders, light snacks, and desserts for serving or for takeout.
- Scrub and polish counters, steam tables, and other equipment, and clean glasses, dishes, drains, and equipment.
- Replenish foods and/or beverages at serving stations.
- Brew tea/coffee, and fill containers with requested beverages.
- Take customers' orders and record ordered items on tickets, giving ticket stubs to customers when needed to identify filled orders.
- Order items needed to replenish supplies.
- Set up dining areas for patrons and clear them immediately following visits.
- Add garnishes to food and/or beverage orders, according to instructions.
- Detail Oriented, able to follow recipes precisely and understand the importance of it
- Active Listening
- Service Orientation
- Social Perceptiveness
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Customer and Personal Service
- English Language
- Sales and Marketing
- Administration and Management
- Production and Processing
- Education and Training
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Public Safety and Security
- Food Production
- Barista Experience
Please copy and paste below, type your answers, and attach your resume to send to email@example.com with "Barista - FLW" as the subject. Thank you for your time, we look forward to meeting you!
2. Why are you interested in working here?
3. What is your availability?
4. Why do you think you would be great fit here?